Yard Sale and other signs
Yard Sale Sign Fact Sheet
This document is intended for guidance only and does not relieve property owners or those conducting yard sales from specific provisions of Sign Regulations in the Zoning Code. Copies of Sign Regulations are available at City Hall or are available here.
- Yard sale signs include, but are not limited to, signs that advertise yard, garage, moving, estate, auction or rummage sales.
- Yard sale signs do not require a permit but must have the property owner’s permission.
- Yard sale signs must be maintained in good condition.
- Yard sale signs must be made from a durable, weather resistant material.
- Yard sale signs must be securely attached to the ground with a pole or stake.
- Yard sale signs should be placed at least 6 feet away from the edge of the road, and placed no farther than 5 miles away from the property.
- Yard sale signs cannot be attached to utility poles, street signs, boxes, rocks, trees, etc. in the right-of-way.
- Yard sale signs cannot obstruct drivers’ vision clearance at intersections and so cannot be located within the sight triangle. This is a triangular area formed by a diagonal line connecting two points measured 35 feet away from the pavement edge intersection. See diagram below.
Time: Signs may not be posted sooner than 3 days prior to the sale and must be removed the final day of the sale.
Maximum Number: 1 sign at the sale site and 5 off-site directional signs.
Maximum Area: 5 square feet
Yard sale signs placed illegally within the right-of-way will be removed immediately and held for one week for owner retrieval. If not retrieved, signs will be thrown away. Violations of the sign ordinance can result in fines of $250 – $1,000 per week, with each week a separate violation.
Real Estate Sign info
Political Sign info
For questions contact:
City of Bella Vista Community Development Services
616 E. Lancashire Blvd.
Bella Vista, Arkansas 72715