Applicants will be required to:
- Meet all minimum state requirements for employment as a Police Officer;
- Pass a written and physical test, typically held annually each fall; and
- Pass screenings and examinations upon being considered for employment.
State of Arkansas minimum standards for employment as a Police Officer state an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Be fingerprinted to disclose any state and/or national criminal record;
- Be free of felony record;
- Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation;
- Be a high school graduate or GED certificate holder;
- Be examined by a physician and meet prescribed requirements;
- Be interviewed by department head or representative;
- Be examined by an individual licensed to practice psychiatry or psychology and qualified to perform such evaluations in the State of Arkansas, who after examination finds the officer to be competent and recommends the agency hire the individual; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
After passing required written and physical testing, you will be required to provide:
- Birth certificate;
- Proof of citizenship, if applicable;
- Driver’s license;
- High school diploma or GED;
- Police certifications, if applicable;
- Police training certificates, if applicable;
- Other applicable training certificates; and
- Military discharge orders, if applicable.
For more information, call the Police Department at 479-855-3771.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY