Special Permits

Firearm discharge permit
By state law, it is unlawful to discharge a firearm inside city limits without written permission from the Chief of Police. A resident of the State of Arkansas who can legally own and possess a firearm in the State of Arkansas and who is at least 18 years of age may obtain written permission to discharge firearms within the city under certain terms and conditions, as regulated by city ordinance 2015-05.

To apply for a firearm discharge permit, return a completed printed form (found here) and a $15 non-refundable application fee (or a % application fee if you have applied for a permit for the same purpose within the last twelve (12) months) to the Police Department, 2483 Forest Hills Blvd., Bella Vista AR 72715. For further information, call the Police Department at 479-855-3771. You will be notified of the status of the application within ten (10) business days.

A special event permit is required for organizations holding any planned or organized event intended to attract and/or assemble ten or more persons on city-owned property, or within state or city rights-of-way, for festivals, celebrations, concerts, shows, exhibitions or similar occurrences. 
Events held on the trails in Bella Vista are also subject to approval by the city. These rules, including the requirement to obtain an approved permit to hold an event, are set by city ordinance. Read full ordinance here.

Permit applications for events should be completed by the event organizer and submitted to the city at least 60 days prior to the date of the event, along with a $25 non-refundable application fee and a $200 refundable deposit, which will be returned following adequate event cleanup. 

When complete, email the permit to info@bellavistaar.gov, or deliver to City Hall — 101 Town Center, PO Box 5565, Bella Vista, AR 72714.

Download Special Event Permit here.