The role of the Economic Development Department is to facilitate the planned orderly growth of the community that will ultimately expand the city’s tax base and improve the overall quality of life for Bella Vista residents. Staff are ready to assist developers, builders, entrepreneurs, retailers and restaurateurs who are interested in doing business in the City of Bella Vista.
The strong residential buying power, outstanding regional assets and amenities, diverse demographics and overall high quality of life satisfaction ratings make Bella Vista a very attractive place to do business.
The northwest Arkansas population has doubled since 1990. National publications routinely rank NWA among the best places to live and do business in the U.S. (click here for specific recognitions) and Bella Vista is a major component of the NWA economy and lifestyle. Bella Vista is at the top of the Northwest Arkansas region, both figuratively and geographically.
• Bella Vista’s population grew by 71% between the 2000 and the 2010 U.S. Census, compared to the overall state’s growth rate of 9%.
• The average household income is $78,253, which is 35% higher than the state average of $58,058.
• Per capita income is $33,897, which is 46% higher than the state average of $23,158.
• 43.7% of Bella Vista residents over the age of 25 have an educational background consisting of an associate degree or higher.
• The rental vacancy rate frequently reaches 0%.
• Benton County homes have the highest average sale price of all counties in Arkansas.
• There are 23,000 vacant home lots available in the city to build upon.
• Traffic counts along the U.S. 71 corridor exceed 40,000 vehicles per day. For a detailed analysis of the AHDT traffic counts, click here.
Current sales tax rates on merchandise sold inside the city limits of Bella Vista:
• Bella Vista – 1%
• Benton County – 1%
• State of Arkansas – 6.5%
• Total – 8.5%
Travis W. Stephens
Economic Development Manager
Bella Vista City Hall
101 Town Center | PO Box 5655Bella Vista, AR 72714